Melegari e Costa was born on 13/11/1945 its founders Melegari, already famous hatter in Milan, and Regazzoni Umberto with its wife Costa Alessandrina.
In 1972 the just married couple Aimetti Paolo and Picciocchi Elena take over Melegari e Costa leading the company in the High Fashion world, attending fashion shows in the United States, Japan and Europe.
On 24/05/1980 Melegari e Costa receives the “l’Ambrogino d’Oro” award in Milan.
On july 1984 Melegari e Costa receives the “Premio Internazionale Grandi Firme” award in Rome thanks to the prestigious creative contribute given to the Italian high fashion.
From 1998 to 2007 Melegari e Costa attended to the most important exhibition event of the fur world: MIFUR and starts the internationl wholesale of its products.
In 1994 Melegari e Costa receives the certificate of merit “Parata Vetrina 1994”.
In 1997 Aimetti Silvia, daughter from Paolo and Elena, enters the company and the company name becomes: Melegari e Costa Montenapoleone.
In 1999, in occasion to the 50th anniversary of the Italian Fur Association, Melegari and Costa receives the award “1° Fur Fashion Awards a Melegari e Costa Montenapoleone”.
In 2000 Melegari e Costa Montenapoleone moves from Via Pietro Verri n. 10 to Via Montenapoleone, 15 – Milano.
In 2004 Melegari e Costa attends to the Mifur 04 fashion show with great success.
In 2005 Melegari e Costa has its 60th anniversary.
In 2005 Melegari e Costa is registered inside the “Albo delle Botteghe Storiche del Comune di Milano” (the Ancient Milan Shops registry) and obtains the plate in 2006.
In 2006 Melegari e Costa has been rewarded with the “Riconoscimento di Negozio Storico di Rilievo Locale dalla regione Lombardia”.
Melegari e Costa Montenapoleone S.a.s.